Tuesday, March 4, 2008

On the month of March...


So here we are, 05 March and still up to our armpits in snow. To add insult to injury, our weather wizards are calling for plenty more before we're even close to being out of the woods. Why just within the next 24-48 hours, we have storm warnings as well as predicted periods of freezing rain, snow, winds, probably even vampiric frogs or goddamn locusts as well... But you know what, dear readers? I don't give a rat's ass. I have plenty on the home front to keep me occupied until the riding weather gets here.

The work is ongoing on Baby and today, I ordered the 21" Memphis Fats windshield for her, as well as the mounting gear. I re-mounted the last of the front brake calipers this morning, prior to coming into work. Time to put her up on the lift tonight, so I'll be ready to take off the back wheel tomorrow morning. Much can be done once it's been removed.

I have to admit that since I stopped smoking in October of last year, I don't really miss it. The only 'but' in that sentence, would be when I'm working around in the shop. After every stage of work I did on the bike before, I would stop and have a smoke. Kind of like a little reward for having completed a certain task. Or simply as a means of taking a break during a particularily long or hard job. These days, I have yet to find something to take the place of lighting up. I mean, I don't want to start ingesting candies or anything like that, but I'll be damned if I want to start smoking again... Hmmm... There has to be something. I'll find it.
It's now Wednesday as I finish writing this entry. Turns out the rear brake pads had less than half their original thickness left. Time for them to go bye-bye... The forecast calls for another 30cm of snow before we see then end of this round. Picked up 3 new sets of brake pads (EBC, sintered, HH rated) for both the front and back, on the way into work today. One more thing off the list. Roll on spring...

No comments: