Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A wonderful Wednesday...


I'm sitting here at work, contemplating what a truly wonderful ride in it was. No, I'm not being the least bit sarcastic here, as the ride was not only uneventful as far as those BCICs go (ummm... drivers of cars, trucks, etc...), but it was sunny, relatively warm and everything just seemed to fall into place. My entrances and exits to the curves and corners were spot on, the pace was unhurried and Baby was just feeling really good. She was clean, full of fuel and was ready to take me anywhere I might want to go.

The throaty purr from the Vance & Hines pipes, punctuated by her merry burbling and popping as I occasionally rolled off the throttle in fourth... she actually sounded happy. Now, for the uninitiated, I know it may sound somewhat bizarre to conceive of the notion that an inanimate object such as a murder-sickle might be capable of harboring feelings. I find that those of us who have been riding for a while now, do not think of our mounts as inanimate objects. And we do not tend to treat them as though they were. But there is much to be said about the feel of a bike that is well maintained and well cared for, as you motor down the road. At 740 lbs., she felt absolutely light as we carved up the Parkway this morning. It's amazing what proper periodic maintenance and keeping an eye on your tire pressure can do...

Sadly, the ride ended all too soon as we entered the underground parking here at work. This is no kind of a day to relegate your trusty steed to the gloom of an indoor garage... *Sigh!* Ah well... such evils are sometimes necessary, so that we might prosper to ride on to other adventures at a later date. The things I do for our great Canadian public...

No comments: