Sunday, July 15, 2012

Back in the saddle, Easter 2012...


And so I am back in the saddle. The event actually happened on Easter Sunday of 2012, 08 April. It was spontaneous, very tentative at first but as I had ultimately surmised, within the first 30 minutes of riding, I knew things were going to be just fine.

I don't know if I had intentionally picked this date for it's symbolism. More likely it was just a freak coincidence that my riding career was "resurrected" on this particular day. It has been a little over three months now and about 4,220kms. A slow start to the riding year by any account, but as my good friend Scotty pointed out, still way more mileage than I put in last season in total. I have to agree.

I am more cautious than I ever was, if that's possible. Almost timid. Absolutely distrustful of anyone in a car or pickup truck. But I can assure you that I have never savored riding more than I do these days. One would have thought that I would have been on here celebrating my feat well before this. But I think I have held off for a variety of reasons. Guess I didn't want to jinx anything.

But I'm back and it's a good thing... Now if I could only stop investing in 'fixer-upper' places and ride more...

No comments: