Tuesday, December 2, 2008

And so it's December...


And so here we are... December is finally here. Now perhaps we can get on with this winter stuff and eventually get rid of it. November was more than reasonable. No massive deluges of the dreaded white stuff, nice temperatures...all in all, very not bad. We're not getting into the Christmas frenzy... we gave that foolishness up a while ago. We'll get a little something for each other, go see a movie on Christmas Eve and just enjoy the company of whatever family members decide they want to spend time with us. We'll drop in on my Mom and family in Montreal's West Island. I'm hoping we'll get to indulge in some simple winter pleasures, like skating on the Canal, taking in the Christmas lights at the foot of Elgin Street and in Confederation Park.

Baby is sitting in the shop, her tank near empty as she waits for me to finish winterizing her. I have to adjust the valves before I do so, however. This will require removing the tank,so I will leave it empty until that task is done, at which point I will fill it upon reinstalling it, adding some Stabil to the fuel and fogging the cylinders with preservative oil, after removing and wrapping the spark plugs. I carry on with my physiotherapy exercises. Every now and then, I will try sitting on the bike, in my riding stance. I notice each time that it's less and less uncomfortable for my arm and shoulder. It's working. The mending process continues... Spring of 2009 is looking brighter and brighter. And let's face it... we only have 4 months to go...

No comments: