Monday, September 8, 2008

An unexpected nicety...


So this morning, I'm coming into work on the 94 Tunney's Pasture. I'm working the 0800-1600 shift so it was just 0634 when I stepped onboard it, less than a hundred feet from my front door. It's foggy out this morning, in a way that you rarely see inland. The fog softens the contours of just about everything there is to see and as we exit Blackburn Hamlet, it seems to intensify over the fields to our right.

Turning onto Blair Road, we begin heading towards the 174 and Blair Station. It's just bordering on 0700hrs. We slowly pass by the Pineview Municipal Golf Course, just as the sun's rays are piercing through the fog, backlighting it. The golf course with it's gently rolling, fog shrouded hillocks, trees and shrubs, presents a truly wonderful sight. Such a charming and unexpected view, for this early hour of the day. In my mind's eye, I could swear I saw deer silhouetted against the fog, in amongst the trees...

As I sit there taking in the view, sipping on the cofee from my travel mug, it occurs to me that not all my time spent on the Loser Cruiser, sucks the proverbial big one. I guess it all depends on your state of mind and being open to seeing the beauty in that which surrounds us. I know that I arrived at work in a better frame of mind, because of this experience, whether it was a Monday morning or not.

No comments: