Thursday, October 29, 2009

There be deer...


So I've arced across the overpass which spans the 174. I am entering the run leading to the carousel turn in Deer Alley this morning. I have my passing lamps on as it's still pretty dark out there at 0645hrs. The cars ahead of me don't like it, but these lights allow me to see and most importantly, be seen by these BCICs. Then I spot it... Standing in the ditch on the right-hand side of the road, is a very large doe, staring balefully at us as we file by. I felt elated at the sight of her. Until this morning, I had been nursing this premise that the NCC must have rounded up alll the deer and relocated them to parts unknown, if they haven't culled the entire herd.

Had I not had my passing lamps on to illuminate her, I don't know that I would have been able to make her out in the darkness. Score one for the passing lamps. What a great start to the day!!

No comments: