Thursday, June 10, 2010

It was only a year ago...


It was only a year ago that I was just coming back from my extraordinay trip to Virginia's Shenandoah National Park, the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I still hold such vivid and endearing recollections of this adventure.

I suppose many of us believe that 'having adventures' is something relegated only to the very young or the very rich. Nothing of course, could be further from the truth. Adventures need not cost us the moon or involve anything overly extravagant. Yet what we receive in return from these 'adventures' of ours, is absolutely priceless.

I have always believed that retaining this sense of adventure, is one of the many ways that we retain our youth. The same applies with learning. Show me someone who has stopped learning and I'll show you someone who is simply waiting to die. I for one, refuse to fall into this category.

There are so many adventures that await me yet, of this I am sure. They will happen simply because I wish them to... :)




No comments: