Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart...


Today is the Birthday of my second oldest daughter. I was fortunate enough to spend some time with her and her friends at a local pub last Saturday. She termed it as "some pre-Birthday sillyness". It had been a while since we had last seen one another and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful she is, in so many ways. And she only gets better as she matures. She has a thoroughly infectious smile, the kind that lights up a room and draws a crowd to her. She is irreverent, funny, clever...

She is one of those people whom, whenever I am fortunate enough to spend any amount of time in her presence, I inevitably come away feeling buoyed, refreshed, lightened. She makes my heart smile as much these days, as she ever did as a child. She is a very busy young lady, normally unavailable. Yet I really ought to try harder to spend whatever time with her I might. It is always so well worth any effort it takes. I am so fortunate to have both her and her sister, in my life.

So happy big 3-3, Honey!!! Don't let the numbers scare you. It's all about how you feel inside that counts. We may not have a choice about getting older, but we can certainly opt out of the "growing up" part, if we so choose... :)

No comments: