Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Eating on the phone... Really????



As I spend all my days answering a (or more...) phone line(s), you can be sure that I have been exposed to all manner of phone etiquette over the years. From those who introduce themselves with a big, wet belch, to those who flush while you have them on hold. Yes, you may be on hold, but rest assured we can hear everything going on over on your side. You just can't hear us... Remember that the next time you're on hold with someone.

But the absolutele worse habit of them all, is these people who find it necessary (or even acceptable...) to eat, while trying to have a conversation with me. It is not only rude and inconsiderate, it's disgusting and shows a total lack of even the most basic human relations skills. Be advised, you slovenly, bovine, pig-headed, ill-raised, slack-jawed, malodorous, cheesy-leather, electric donkey, bottom-biters... When I hear you sapping away or deafening me with the crunching of whatever you're stuffing into that great pit of yours, I will greet you with but one line: "When you are done eating, Sir/Ma'am... please feel free to call us back and we'll be more than happy to provide you with any information you might be looking for... Thank you!"

- *CLICK!!*


No comments: