But that day is not here yet. I refuse to allow today and the coming weekend to be tainted by these negative thoughts. The ride in was relaxing, stress-free. I expect the ride home this afternoon to be every bit as enjoyable. With this positive frame of mind firmly in place, I wish you all a great year and will leave you with more humorous quips, courtesy of my better half:
Ponderings for the New Year, Part 2...
- Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?
- Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?
- If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?
- Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?
- "I am " is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?
- If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked and dry cleaners depressed?
- Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
- Why is it that if someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe you will believe them, but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?
- If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?
- If people from Poland are called "Poles," why aren't people from Holland called "Holes?
- Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
Enjoy the day... :)