Friday, August 8, 2008

More progress...


Yesterday evening about 1915hrs, I slid on my sandals and wandered out around the corner from our place to our community mailbox, to see if we had received any mail that day. Arriving at the mailbox, I found the red key, indicating that I had an oversized piece of mail in the bottom locker. Upon opening it, I found a package from fellow VTX-er Big Dave from Waubaushene, ON. The postage alone (Expresspost) had cost him over $10.00...

True to his word, he had shipped me his set of stock '05 and up mirrors, complete with bugs. I was elated! Hurrying home (well okay... at a fast hobble) I opened the package, recording each step, to be posted later on in my Facebook album entitled: "Fixin' Baby". I removed the old mirrors, which were in fact rectangular in shape. These new ones were teardrop-shaped and would give Baby a new look which I really like.

I cleaned up the new mirrors and installed them in about 20 minutes. They look great! Today as I sit writing this, I am equally hopeful that more parts will materialize at the dealer's or again, in my mailbox (the spotlight replacement from Big Bike Parts in Rice Lake, WI). Saturday will be mostly taken up with a road trip to Massena, NY (yes...by car, unfortunately), but I will begin wrenching upon our return that evening and on into Sunday.

It's all coming together, slowly but surely...

A big vote of thanks goes out to my VTX family, for helping me get back on track!

No comments: