Thursday, August 7, 2008

Updated sitrep...


So this morning saw a return visit to the OGH, for another check-up with Dr. Pollock. 5 new x-rays later and we were chatting about the progress I had made. Already, there are signs of new bone growing where the graft and metallic rebuild parts are located. As hoped for, I am now minus yet another bandage (the one on my right forearm), which now leaves only that one on my knee. Once I'm rid of that one, I'll actually be able to shower again!! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that...

The good doctor was kind enough to renew my prescription for pain meds, so that I might have a fighting chance at getting some sleep at night. Some parts have begun arriving at the dealership, enough to give me something to do over the weekend. The forward control plates have yet to show up, but at least the grips, levers, shifter peg cover and shifter plate bolts have materialized. With any luck at all, I might receive the new spotlight by mail before Friday is done.

Things are turning around. My positive outlook has been rewarded by some good news and my body is well on the mend. My VTX brethren have all reached Cabano, QC safely. I wish them a wonderful time and wish I could be with them. It's just not meant to be this year, sad as it might seem. There will be other runs to attend, when all is well with the world. In the meantime, my work is cut out for me. Mind the doctor, get well and think positive! Syracuse cannot be all that far away...

No comments: