Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank God it's Friday...

Friday... at long last it seems. This week has seemed longer than most, for some reason. Last night saw the addition of new pegs to Baby. I was fortunate enough to have been able to enlist the help of Ben-Ben, a good riding friend of mine. Were it not for him showing up, I doubt very much if those pegs would have been installed. There remains only to fill and bleed the rear brake system, replace the hydraulic clutch fluid and finally... replace the left-hand side tank medallion.

She looks incredibly good sitting there, her hulking, brooding mass resting quietly, stoically. Without her windshield, she looks leaner... more muscular. Her lines flow closer to the ground. She is patient, but only to a point. If I allow my mind's eye to take over, I could swear I can see her flexing... keen to ward off the effects of such a long period of inaction. It is as though she knows she is just about ready to go once more. That all her wounds have been healed. This weekend when the work is done, I'll back her out into the driveway and let her come to life for a bit. I derive far more well-being from the sound of her throaty rumble, than from any bottle of prescibed medicine.

Then perhaps a good wash and wax would be in order. It would do us both a world of good, I'm sure...

No comments: